Saturday, July 24, 2010

Perspective


I have been thinking a lot about perspective lately. I'm in awe of some of the women whose blogs I read where they are so postive through such life changing circumstances. Their perspective is one of choosing to remain positive and to rely on God's strength through the trials.

I'm also currently re-reading "Battlefield of the Mind" as a bible study with a friend. When we sat down to talk about what we should do together I said that I really believe most things come down to how we think about them. How I look at things and what I allow to ruminate in my mind can completely affect my perspective.

When I get caught up with something I think is wrong or try to figure out something that I can't wrap my mind around, or feel like a failure at something I often times wind up going down a slippery slope that doesn't lead to truth. It's filled with those darts that immobilize me. The key is realizing they're darts that come from the enemy, to resist them and replace them with what is true. It takes practice. And sometimes it isn't easy, it's a constant reframing. But when I do it, my perspective is back on track.

In terms of creativity perspective is important too. It's important for balance and for alignment. In this case being detailed and seeing the minute is important.

But I've realized zooming in on the problem or what is off in my life too much or for too long generally isn't good. Too often it means I'm not going to God and releasing it to him. I'm trying to figure it out in my mind.

It's interesting to me how something that can be a blessing in one area, can be a curse in another. I think it's all about staying balanced. Knowing when to let it go. In the last year I've been forced to practice the letting go and trusting God in new ways. I think I'm finally really getting it. My perspective is one of looking up instead of looking in.

"But you are a shield around me, O LORD; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head." Psalm 3:3

No comments:

Post a Comment