Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Gift

I love tea.
I think I've written about it a few times already.
When a friend of mine found this out about me,
she knew she had to get me a belated birthday gift.
She works near this store.  

And she recently gifted me with two bags of their tea.
One is a green tea, the other is called Choco Latte.
Hmmmm... with a name like that, it has to be good.

Actually they're both amazingly yummy.
And every time I open the bag and smell them,
scoop out a little bit to put in my infuser,
I remember her
and I think of friendship.
 And I feel special.

I savor the tea and I savor the fact that 
this tea made her think of me and a gift
she thought would be perfect just for me.

Oh and I think, one day when I have a 
babysitter I'm going to go check this place out.
Because it's in Beverly Hills and it looks like lots
of things are breakable.  I'll be visiting alone
when I can think and smell and soak it all in.

This flavor is top on my list to check out.
Because I also LOVE lavender.

Isn't it neat how the people who know you
and grow to love you know the things
that would make you smile
and make you happy.

I love finding gifts that would be 
perfect for a person.  In fact I don't like settling
for just anything for that reason.  I like to find
the gift that has their name on it.

I love having a reason to buy someone a gift
and spending time finding just the right one.

I really just sat down to write about this yummy tea
that is making me happy these days.

But it occurred to me that God feels the same way
about us.  

He has gifts just waiting for us to open.
As we grow closer to Him and learn about Him through
his word so many of these gifts are opened to our eyes.  
He has picked them out just for us. 
Because He knows us in and out.  
He knows what will make us happy.
What will bless us.

We just have to seek Him with all our heart.

He also has blessed each one of us with our own
special gifts.  We talk about this with our children
all the time.  

Again spending time with Him, 
listening to Him and following in
his ways these gifts become more and more
apparent and we're able to open them more fully.

Thank you Lord for the blessings you bestow upon
all of us.

May we all have our eyes wide open to see them and
to receive them!

If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"
Luke 11:13
"We have different gifts, according to the grace given us."
Romans 12:6




No comments:

Post a Comment